Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August!

Oh my gosh, it's August 2nd.  Where the heck did that come from?
School just let out for the summer the other day, right? 
What?  That was 8 WEEKS ago?
What have I been doing these past 2 months?

Oh yeah.




Swimming,



camping,



grilling,





traveling,


birthday parties,


the park,


the lake,


grandparents' house,







finishing the fence,


working,


babysitting, 


puppysitting,



fireworks,

Cub Scouts,

Slip 'n Slides,

doctor appointments,

and everything else that goes

with have 3 kids.






Whew!   



Actually, I am really looking forward to school starting back up again.
Archie will be a 4th grader, Ichabod will be in first grade, and Roland will start Kindergarten. 
All three boys will be in school full time.
I can't wait!

I've gotten most of the school supply shopping done already. Both Archie and Ichabod want to use their backpacks from last year (which have held up miraculously well) so just Roland will need a brand new one.

I have 3 paper bags filled to the top with each of the boys required items.
Notebooks, pens, pencils, erasers,
school boxes, scissors, calculators, binders,
markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, rulers,
folders, highlighters, paint shirts, disinfecting wipes,
Kleenexes, and anything else the
school has deemed necessary to succeed academically. 





One final thing to be purchased: each of my boys will get to pick out
one new shirt to wear for the first day of school.



Oh, yes. I am excited. 



35 days and counting... 





Roland: Hi, John!
Brian: I'm not John. I'm Brian.
Roland: Well....you're both black.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! One of the kids I babysit is going back to school soon and she's all excited. She loves school and can't wait to go back.

    I want to tell her to enjoy that feeling while it lasts. Almost all children come to a point where they no longer like school.

    Have a great summer, and I hope the days fly by!

    ReplyDelete